Host a Screening
Ready to host a screening of CITIZEN KOCH in your local theater?
Then you've come to the right place!
We've partnered withTUGG.COM, an online-platform that helps individuals, groups and organizations organize their own personalized one-off screenings in theaters across the country. It allows audiences to bring movies on demand to local theaters that aren't otherwise booking the film.
It's simple. You pick the time, place and date, and Tugg will reserve the theater and give you a personalized event page for your screening.
In order to make your screening happen, you need to pre-sell a certain amount of tickets in order for the event to be confirmed!
Once you get your event page, it's time to spread the word to your community and let folks know they need to purchase tickets in advance. Once enough tickets are sold, your event will be confirmed and you can sit back and enjoy the show!
If there aren't enough tickets sold, then no one will be charged for the reservation and the screening will be called off. So make sure to meet the threshold.
We've created this resource kit to guide you through the process of hosting your screening.
Step One: Setup Your Screening On Tugg
- To get started, you'll need to fill out an Event Request Form, which you can do here www.tugg.com/become-a-promoter/citizen-koch
- Getting Started: Setting Up Your Tugg Screening Guide – For an in-depth look at how to best set up your event and use your event as a fundraiser, move on to Step Two.
Step Two: Once you've received your event page, it's time to spread the word and ensure that enough tickets are reserved before the deadline.
- An Introduction to Promoting Your Screening – Check out this helpful guide, that will walk you through how to best reach out to your friends, family, and organizations via email, social media, and traditional outreach.
- Tugg Tools – The folks at Tugg have created a number of tools to help you maximize your outreach efforts – read this to learn how to message your attendees and track the success of your outreach.
- Citizen Koch Tools: To help you along the way, we've created a few templates and guides for your use:
Update your invitees and attendees: As your event's campaign moves forward, be sure to update attendees and potential attendees with new information about your event and the film using the documents below.
- Film Information – Director's Statement, Quotes and More
- Filmmaker Q&A
- Film Images and Posters
Step Three: My Event is Confirmed! Now What?
Read through the Preparing For Your Event Guide, which will arm you with all the information you need for the day of the event.
Step Four: The Day of the Event
- The big day! Make sure you've reviewed everything in the Preparing For Your Event Checklist and follow the steps below to ensure a flawless screening.
- Take a look at our Sample Event Introduction for ideas on what to include during your introduction prior to the screening.
- Take a picture of your audience before the film begins . After the event, email your photo to and we will post it online. You can also tag it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Instagram with #TuggInc or @TuggInc. Or @citizenkoch
Step Five: After the Event
Now that your event is complete, be sure to follow up with your attendees by sending them a message with the Promoter Messaging tool.
- Thank your attendees with the Follow Up Message Template. Encourage them to tell their friends about your event, the film, and Citizen Koch with our Sample Post-Event Tweets.
- Post a recap of your event on the film's Facebook and Twitter pages – be sure to tag